Music for Mondayitis

I'm sure I've talked about it before but this post will make it very clear, I love romantic comedies... well romantic films in general. Can't help it. While I am a sucker for a deep conversation about the art of film and the design of films, I can't pass up a discussion about Meg Ryan / Nora Ephron classics or which Jennifer Aniston rom com is the best*.

So today's music is inspired by such films, cause really there's no better music for a Monday than cheesy movie songs (bonus if it's with scenes cut into the music video).







See another Music for Mondayitis post featuring my favourite Christmas movie song here.
Do you have a favourite song from a movie? Any movie, not just romantic ones. Guilty pleasures welcome.

*The Switch, clearly.

4 comments:

  1. I love score type of soundtracks from movies. As for actual songs I don't know if I have a favourite. A guilty pleasure song would be My heart will go on from Titanic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my secret guilty pleasure I guess. Or it once was. Now I've heard it to many times!

      Delete
  2. I recently purchased the soundtrack to the film Flesh and Bone which as well as Thomas Newman's original music also featured Willie Nelson's marvellous Stardust. It brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it and recall the scene it featured in.

    You've actually featured another of my favourite songs in your post with It Had to be You.
    Meg Ryan, When Harry Met Sally, Rob Reiner and Norah Ephron will always be incredibly special to me.
    I just wish I could turn the clock back to 1989!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Paul. Your blog is great! It's a great debatable topic!! (Michelle vs Meg for other readers).

      I'm with you on When Harry Met Sally. It's one of my favourites and something I owned on VHS for years. It's definitely one of my most watched films and one of the reasons I always wanted to go to New York. Side note: I got lost in NYC once and all by accident found myself right at Washington Square park, where Sally drops off Harry. Oh I gasped! It made me so happy to be lost!

      Delete