Measuring the massively massive universe

After the other days freak out (!?##!?%!!) about the size of the universe (#!?!!) I was really intrigued to watch this video on Measuring the Universe. This is something I would normally never watch as my interest in science starts and ends with the tv show The Big Bang Theory*.

 

Beautifully designed and animated, the video is top notch viewing and as Kottke describes it, science for the layperson done right.

*Video bonus. This video is much better at explaining the doppler effect Halloween costume, than Sheldon is.

2 comments:

  1. pretty cool video. you should check out this interactive link http://scaleofuniverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I'm kind of scared to click your link. Maybe after my first Friday arvo beer.

      Delete