Just enough. (Or on containing your inspiration)




I’ve come to realise that I’m very impressionable so it takes the least, littlest bit of something to really carry me. For my first feature, I had something like a couple of pictures and a song and that was enough to really define that world for me for references and inspiration.

Miranda July when asked about inspiration by Dazed Digital in 2010.





it’s super important to be selective. i remember in the beginning I was posting anything and everything... no rhyme or reason. just explosive inspiration and probably way too much about my personal life.

Blogger Bri Emery, who turned a simple personal blog into a cracking business.



It is possible to drown your creativity in too many references, too many projects and too many ideas. While it's fun to do everything and be inspired by everything, it won't give you your best work. This is a real problem for me. I need to work on it.

Photography by Lissy Elle via But Does It Float.

8 comments:

  1. cool blog! and thanks for recommending that band, i'll definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. Let me know what you think. B

      Delete
  2. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog earlier!
    i love your photos & your blog too! maybe we can follow each other (:

    www.styleandshades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real problem for me too. But there are so many amazing references out there... I feel lost sometimes in a sea of inspiration!

    Loving the friday finds! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhoda,
    thanks for the comment. I'm looking forward to following your outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Camila,
    I'm glad I'm not alone. When I work on a project I now limit myself to 3 references (maybe 5) it helps by forcing me to focus on what it is I like the most about the reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel like I'm drowning in the millions of ideas I have floating around in my head


    | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds fun but it really isn't eh

      Delete