More Marilyn

Photo by John Vachon from the book Marilyn, August 1953: The Lost LOOK Photos available here.


I loved the photos of Marilyn in last Wednesday's post and have been inspired to post more. In high school my best friend and I L-O-V-E-D Marilyn and gave each other calendars of her for Christmas presents and swapped cd's of her singing songs from her movies.




My favourite movie of hers was How To Marry A Millionaire. My friend loved Bus Stop. I didn't see The Misfits until I was on a plane last year (I love how planes have a 'classic movie' section) and I cried at just how tragic it was. The horses at the end. Oh My.



Jack Lemmon: Marilyn had an incredible charisma that was so rare, I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. She had a lot of talent as an actress and she used that talent to the best of her ability as well as her skills as a comedienne, which worked out marvelously for her as with that combined, she created that certain magic on film."  





2 comments:

  1. These are cute videos!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    ♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    ♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you for your comment. Is it spam? Do tell.

      Delete