The most wonderful time of the year

When it comes to movie watching, there's no better time of year than late December through March. I call this the "Oscar rush" season, where all the finest films get a theatrical release right before awards season. Here are just a few I cannot wait to see.

Out now 
Melancholia - Kirsten Dunst and Charlotte Gainsbourg and the end of the world, what's not be excited about. Have you seen it?

Jan 9 
Young Adult - Written by Diablo Cody and directed by Jason Reitman it's the story of a woman who returns to her home town to steal away her high school love. I've read this and would rate it average to good, so I'm keen to see how it comes to life on screen. ALSO this is being billed as a comedy but in reality it's quite dark and sad.



Jan 12 
The Decendents - I'm a bit over George Clooney but the rave reviews of this film are making me think this will be worth the $17 admission.



Feb 2 
Martha Marcy May Marlene - To be honest, the trailer scares the crap out of me. I'm just not sure if I can handle such a messy lucid creepy film BUT it's so visually stunning I will have to go.



The Artist - Ok, when I first heard about this I rolled my eyes - a feature length black and white silent film - what the what? But have you seen the trailer? I'm intrigued.

Feb 16
My Week With Marilyn - Michelle Williams. Marilyn Monroe. Enough. Said.

March 8 
50/50 - This 'cancer comedy' was actually released months ago in the US and like Young Adult, I've read the script but unlike Young Adult, it made me laugh out loud. Go see this movie. Especially since it's based on a true story.


No comments:

Post a Comment