First dance songs

A friend of mine is getting married next year and she asked me for some recommendations for first dance slash aisle songs. I thought I did pretty good, so I wanted to share:

Mid To Up Tempo: 
This Will Be Our Year - The Zombies
Awesome lyrics. Sweet song with mid-to-up-tempo. Good for a "up" slow dance.



You're my best friend - Queen 
Best lyrics ever - great first dance.



You Got It - Roy Orbison 
This is my favourite love song.




Slow songs:
The dress looks nice on you - Sufjan Stevens 
Appropriate for the aisle ;)



Friday I'm in Love - Dean & Britta (covering The Cure)
This song gives me chills - wow. It has lots of strings that soar.




Instrumental:
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
Love sigur ros! I walked down the aisle to Star Alfur.



Last Broadcast - Doves
Can't find a youtube link. Boo! But be sure to find it yourself.


I hope you like all these songs! What are your favourite or most enjoyable wedding songs? What do you like to dance to at weddings?
Also, I apologise for all the odd text spacing. Grrrr blogger.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, i LOVE it when friends ask me to help them pick out wedding songs. favourite. i wish it could be my full-time job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @suzy It is pretty fun. I like it when it's a success as well. The feedback from my friend is that she was already considering Sigur Ros - I was on the money.

    ReplyDelete