It feels extremely loud


When I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close I cried more than I have with any other book. When I watched this trailer for the movie version the emotions came rushing back to me so fast I thought I would throw up. My hands were on my face, just like they are on the character of Oskar above. I don't know if I could manage to watch the movie - I don't think I could handle the sadness*.



*If you havent read it, believe me it is so sad that I even told a friend not to read it.

2 comments:

  1. i love hearing of someone so profoundly effected by a book.

    this one didn't have the same effect on me though. i just didn't connect so while i saw sadness i didn't really feel it much. i think i would like the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Monica. I'm actually very glad that someone wasnt so saddened by the book.

    ReplyDelete