New girls



Screenwriter Liz Meriwether in the New York Times last year:
“I love characters that are on the edge of something, I end up always writing about people trying to connect and failing miserably, usually in a funny way. I’m pushed to these moments in people’s lives where real life does become absurd, and I think those are usually moments of grief or moments of extreme boredom or extreme anger. Or just trying to have sex with somebody.”
Meriwether wrote No Strings Attached, a film that I felt, in writing was something exciting, on screen not so much (just a tad to schmaltzy). It was also Natalie Portman's first Rom Com. This year she has written New Girl, a tv series staring Zooey Deschanel. Have you see it?



She's a screenwriter on the rise and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Top photo by Josh Haner/The New York Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment