Once won!


I've mentioned the film Once a couple of times and it has to be one of the best films I have seen in years. I was so excited when the song 'Falling Slowly' from the film was nominated for an Academy Award for "Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song)" as I hoped the film would get some wider recognition.

Normally as I watch the Oscars ceremony I really don't mind who will win as its generally a pick from a good batch, but last night I so wanted Once to win. And when it did, it was probably the first time I ever jumped out of my seat and threw my fists in the air.

After performing it wonderfully on the stage earlier in the night, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova took to the stage to accept their statuettes. I was so excited but very disappointed when Marketa was cut off by the music. Either way I went to bed not caring about the rest of the show.

What I missed out on though was Marketa being called back to the stage by Jon Stewart to finish her speech. But thanks to the power of youtube you can watch all of it here.

You can also see the live Oscars performance of Falling Slowly here. And the film version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment